Sommelier and Donne del Vino FVG's vice representative Maria Teresa Gasparet, along with oenologist and international brand ambassador Lorenza Scollo, will lead the wine tastings. Four white wines and four red wines were selected among those produced by Donne del Vino FVG's winemaking associates that earned more praise and prizes both home and abroad, and will be showcased and tasted during the event starting at 4 pm.
«Our wine tasting, thanks to our winemaking associates, really pays tribute to the outstanding quality of Friulian wines, as they're gaining more and more ground internationally», said Elena Roppa, Donne del Vino FVG's regional representative.
Here's the selection with the wines, their labels and their owners&producers:
- Ronco delle Cime Friulano Doc Collio 2021, Venica & Venica, by Ornella Venica
- Sauvignon Segrè 2021, Castello di Spessa, presented by Eleonora Beviglia
- Myo Pinot Bianco 2020, Zorzettig Vini, by Annalisa Zorzettig
- Pinot Grigio Case Sugan 2019, San Simone, by Anna Brisotto
- Pinot Nero Terre Magre 2022 by Piera Martellozzo
- Terrano 2020, Castelvecchio, by Mirella della Valle
- Schioppettino di Prepotto Riserva 2018, Vigna Petrussa, by Hilde Petrussa
- Pignolo Arbis Ros 2017, Borgo San Daniele, by Alessandra Mauri
At Friuli Venezia Giulia's pavillion no.6, more Women in Wine – Donne del Vino FVG will be present, along with many other Friulian winemakers, to showcase their wines and there'll be also other associates like sommeliers and wine reporters. The national association Le Donne del Vino will wrap up Vinitaly's 2023 edition with a special closing event on Wednesday, April 5: during a gala dinner at Palazzo della Gran Guardia, guests will be tasting both Friulian wines and Friulian typical products such as the delicious DOP ham made in San Daniele and frico made with DOP Montasio cheese, in collaboration with Consorzio del Prosciutto di San Daniele and Latteria di Aviano.
Vinitaly 2023 will take place from April 2 to April 5 in Verona, at Verona Fiere's exposition centre and is considered the main wine event in Italy. This year's 55th edition will attract 4,000 producers from all over Italy and from all over the world, with over 30 countries represented. And it'll feature +1,000 top buyers selected from 68 nations, invited in collaboration with ICE – Italian Agency for Internationalisation.